The Language Acquisition and Bilingualism Lab is currently recruiting monolingual and bilingual children 5 to 12 years of age. We are recruiting typically developing children, children with language impairments, and children with autism. If interested, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at (608) 263-5764.
Here are the reasons why you should consider enrolling your child into one of our studies:
- We provide standardized testing of your child’s vocabulary, language, and reading skills at no charge. If your child speaks English and Spanish, we will provide testing in both languages.
- Children usually find our activities fun and enjoy participating in our studies.
- We break up our testing sessions into multiple visits, so that neither you nor your child will get tired. We also have snacks available during the sessions.
- Your child gets to pick a small toy at the end of each testing session.
- We pay you for participation, as well as reimburse you for your mileage and parking. We can provide a taxi if you do not have a car.
- We have research assistants available to play with siblings while you and your child participate.
- You will help us figure out how bilingualism influences language and cognitive development in children. This in turn will help us develop new intervention strategies and technologies that will help bilingual children who are struggling with language.
The Language Acquisition and Bilingualism Lab is currently recruiting bilingual adults to participate in their research.
Currently, we are recruiting bilingual speakers of English and Spanish, as well as bilingual speakers of English and Korean. If interested, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (608) 262-4695.